Monday, April 28, 2008

A new movie and a classic!

I forgot to update last week- I saw Leatherheads the Friday before last. It was a hilarious screwball comedy about the beginnings of professional football (obviously not a true story!). George Clooney directed and starred with Renée Zellweger. It was set during the 1920's and Prohibition. I loved the costumes. Zellweger was just born to play characters from this era (like Chicago), and she and Clooney worked very well together. I'm sorry this didn't do that well at the box office. The football scenes were so much fun. This was a great movie for guys and girls!

Last week on American Movie Classics, they aired WarGames to celebrate its 25th anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long. I was in the sixth grade when it came out! It's a little dated now (loved the old computers!), but the idea of someone hacking into the defense computers is still a scary thought. It was also fun to see a young Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy, both in their first big movie roles.

Not much in theaters now that I want to see. I might see Baby Mama next week- it looked good.

No comments: