Thursday, September 4, 2008

KM's Official End of Summer Wrap Up!

Summer is "officially" over, and I managed to squeeze in ten movies, two of them (Get Smart and Mamma Mia!) twice.

Here's my top ten in order:

1. The Dark Knight- awesome.
2. Mamma Mia! Lots of fun. Saw it twice- second time was a sing-a-long!
3. WALL*E- Brilliant
4. Pineapple Express- Funniest movie of the year.
5. Indy IV- flawed with a WTF? ending, but a great time anyway.
6. Tropic Thunder- an excellent send-up of movie making in general and war movies in particular.
7. Step Brothers- Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly are bad, bad, boys!
8. Get Smart- a fun movie, nice update of the T.V. series.
9. Hancock- entertaining, but the plot got confusing.
10. You Don't Mess With the Zohan- funny stuff.

Missed Iron Man and Kung Fu Panda. Still want to see Hamlet 2 and House Bunny.

Good summer quotes:

Pineapple Express-

Saul: Just sit back and get ready to enjoy some of the rarest weed known to mankind.
[he lights a joint and inhales]
Dale Denton: It's really that rare?
Saul: [exhales] It's, like, the rarest.
[he examines the joint]
Saul: It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn...with, like, a bomb.

Step Brothers-

Brennan Huff: I tea-bagged your drum set! *note- I didn't know what tea-bagging was before I saw this movie. I didn't want to know...*

Get Smart-

Siegfried: How do I know you're not Control?
Maxwell Smart: If I were Control, you'd already be dead.
Siegfried: If you were Control, you'd already be dead.
Maxwell Smart: Neither of us is dead, so I am obviously not from Control.
Shtarker: That actually makes sense.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull-

Col. Dr. Irina Spalko: No defiant last words, Dr. Jones?
Indiana Jones: I like Ike.

Indiana Jones: [jumping out of the car] Big damn ants, go!

Tropic Thunder-

Alpa Chino: [why he's in the movie] I had to represent. Cause they had one good role for a black man, and they gave it to Crocodile Dundee!
Kirk Lazarus: Pump your breaks, kid, that man's a national treasure.

Hancock-

Ray Embrey: Did you shove a man's head up another man's ass?
Hancock: [nods]

*that one had to be seen to be believed...*

Well, that's it for the summer of 2008. With Harry Potter moved to next July, there isn't much I'm looking forward to this fall.

No comments: