Saturday, August 9, 2008

Funniest movie of the year!

I saw Pineapple Express last night. I have never laughed so hard at a movie. I laughed until I cried- my make up was a disaster by the end.

imdb.com summary: "A stoner and his dealer are forced to go on the run from the police after the pothead witnesses a cop commit a murder." That's the whole plot right there. It needs no other description! This movie is definitely not for people easily offended by drug humor and bad language. Drug movies aren't my thing, but I got the jokes and just laughed all the way from the first joint smoked (the Pineapple Express of the title being tested by the military) to the last case of munchies (the potheads scarfing down breakfast in the last scene). Seth Rogen and James Franco are a scream as pothead and dealer, respectively. Danny R. McBride steals the show as the dealer's supplier...who is so out of it he manages to survive being shot multiple times! There were some terrific and hilarious fight scenes, and a car chase that left me unable to breathe because I couldn't stop laughing.

I think Cheech and Chong and Harold and Kumar have some competition! The stoner action comedy...I never thought such a film could be so damned funny.

No comments: