Thursday, August 7, 2008

Top 20 favorite movies? Only 20?

That has to be the hardest question anyone could ever ask me. On a message board I frequent, there was a discussion of favorite movies of all time. One poster joked that choosing only 20 was like trying to choose a favorite child, and I agreed!

Here's my top 20...in no order.

Citizen Kane
Rebecca
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
LOTR trilogy (I count it as one)
Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World
Amadeus
American Beauty
A Christmas Story
Apollo 13
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Star Wars
Terms of Endearment
Beauty and the Beast
Chicago
Back to the Future
When Harry Met Sally
Manchurian Candidate (original)
Rear Window
Vertigo
West Side Story

Honorable mentions- Wizard of Oz, Time Bandits, Ghostbusters, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, Spaceballs, Blazing Saddles.

Recent favorites like Atonement, Little Miss Sunshine, Sweeney Todd, WALL-E, and Hairspray will probably sneak into my all time favorites list eventually!

No comments: