Saturday, September 29, 2007

80's nostalgia...

Proof that I'm "old"- The Lost Boys came out 20 years ago. I first saw it at a sneak preview the summer before my junior year of high school, and it became one of my favorite movies right away! I even kept the free poster that I got at the preview for years. It was on HBO Zone last week. I can't believe I haven't seen it in so long. It's still cool. And I'd forgotten how much I used to be creeped out by Kiefer Sutherland. Well, he still creeps me out (on 24), but in a good way. And oh, the two Coreys. What the hell happened to them? Sigh.

Good plot- Peter Pan with vampires (hence the title "Lost Boys"); good soundtrack including INXS; good characters such as Grandpa and the Frog Brothers; just plain fun. I can still quote most of it- "Burn rubber does not mean warp speed!" "My own brother, a God-damn, shit-sucking vampire! Oh, you wait until Mom finds out!" "Death by stereo!" "The one thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach...all the damn vampires."

The movies of the 80's were fun. My other favorite of 1987 was Spaceballs.

No comments: